M Shed Facilities
- A café
- Lockers (£1 refundable deposit)
- Toilets throughout the museum
- Unisex babycare room
- A buggy park
- A level entrance at both the front and back of M Shed
- A reception desk with a section at wheelchair-user height
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Folding stools if you need a portable seat
- Level access to all galleries
- Staff on all floors
- Three wheelchair accessible lifts with spoken announcements and tactile buttons (two are fire evacuation lifts)
- Accessible toilets on all floors (some with right hand and some with left hand transfer)
- An adult changing bed with a hoist
M Café on the Ground Floor enjoys lovely views across the harbour. We offer a delicious range of fresh, Fairtrade and organic hot and cold food and drinks.
Relax and enjoy lunch, a light snack or a tea-time treat while taking in the views of the harbourside. In the warmer weather we open up the walls and offer outdoor seating in Museum Square – the perfect place to sit and watch the world go by.
For younger visitors, we have ‘kids bites’ pick ‘n’ mix bags available. M Café is also available for private hire in the evenings – contact us for more information. Highchairs are available.
Pop in from 9am for breakfast and sample our delicious new morning menu!
- Spinach, egg and mushroom tart
- Bacon, egg and cheese tart
- Yoghurt, muesli and berry pots
£5 Including tea or coffee.
- Cinnamon swirl
- Cranberry twist
- Dried fruit flapjack
- Hobbs House toast
£3.95 Including tea or coffee.
- Fruit bowl – 60p
10am – 5.30pm, Weekends